Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Carousel Animals - Whimsical Hare


Hello all, and welcome to another colouring adventure! Today's illustration is a whimsical hare design from the Carousel Animals Colouring Book by Christy Shaffer.





Carousel Animals Colouring Book by Christy Shaffer

Availability: Book Depository ($7.97 AUD).

My thoughts: The name of this book pretty much sums it up, it's a book full of carousel animals. I have a soft spot for carousels so this book is right up my alley. The book includes 32 pages of illustrations, most are single-figure illustrations like this one, but there is one illustration in the middle of the book that's an entire carousel and spans over 2 pages. Probably about 50% of the book is horses, and the other 50% is various animals like this hare. I guess that's to be expected though since carousels typically have horses. As an added bonus each page has a little bit of text that talks about the history of carousels and the style that each illustration depicts, apparently each carousel carver had a distinct style - who knew!? My only gripe is that while the pages are a decent quality, they're rather thin. For this reason I've used pencils as I suspect pens would bleed through to the other side very easily.

Tools: Faber-Castell Classic Colour Pencils, white gel pen from Smiggle, and gold Uni-ball Signo gel pen.

Would I recommend it: If you're happy to use pencil, absolutely.

Thanks for reading!
xx Anthea



No comments:

Post a Comment