Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Emily de Molly - Calibrated


Hello all! Today I have a nail polish post for you sharing Calibrated by Aussie indie Emily de Molly. Before I get stuck into this post, I just want to make a quick note about my photos. There was zero cloud cover today, and the sun was beating down full force. My first set of swatch photos were taken in the sun and I feel that these photos represent the shade of purple most accurately, but the camera spazzed out with all the sparkles (which isn't necessarily a bad thing but not so great for showing detail). The second set were taken in the shade with a diffused camera flash to show the beautiful flakies in this polish.

Taken in direct sunlight.

Taken in shade with diffused flash.

Taken in sun, and shade.

Calibrated - Emily de Molly

Description from the website: Calibrated is a 5 free hand-blended, custom nail polish. BASE - dark purple. GLITTER - pink/purple/blue/green colour shifting flakes and pink micro holo glitter.

My thoughts: With the weather finally cooling down I thought it was time that I put something a bit darker on my nails. Calibrated is a lovely shade of purple, I'd probably place it somewhere between violet and orchid, and as you can see in the sun it is just OH SO SHINY! I'm loving multi-chrome flakies at the moment and Calibrated doesn't disappoint, although the flakies are definitely more prominent in the shade where they aren't overpowered by the sparkly micro glitters.

Application: My swatches show 2 effortless coats. The slight transparency evident in my photos isn't visible in real life.

Packaging: 12ml glass bottle with wide brush.

Availability: $11 AUD from Emily de Molly. Also available from select stockists.

Would I recommend it: Yes.

Thanks for reading!
xx Anthea



2 comments: